Calgary or Houston corporate offices, remote, or hybrid.
As an Analyst II, New Opportunities in the Technical Climate Solutions team, you will join our growing origination team where your core focus will be to contribute to and evaluate a variety of new project inquires and opportunities. The Technical Climate Solutions group includes all emission reduction project types that live outside Natural Climate Solutions (ie. forestry and agricultural applications), and spans oil and gas, alternative and renewable energy, landfills, wastewater, ODS and refrigerants, CCUS, etc. Therefore, your role will be exposed to many different technologies, jurisdictions, and markets in our efforts to identify, evaluate, and assess new project opportunities that yield environmental benefits.
Primary Responsibilities and Competencies*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluating potential greenhouse gas solutions and technologies;
- Reviewing jurisdictional regulations, methodologies, and protocols to discern new opportunity viability as a carbon offset project;
- Liaising with potential clients to manage the collection and organization of relevant GHG data;
- Quantification of GHG reductions for projects, facilities and organizations in accordance with recognized protocols and standards;
- Preparing opportunity and emission reduction summaries, and contributing to new client proposals;
- Analyzing and understanding a wide variety of industrial processes and datasets, and how to perform technical calculations;
- Business development, proposal writing and contracting assistance with the broader Technical Climate Solutions origination team.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Required Education, Experience and Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Science Degree(s),
- 1-3 years of professional experience working in the oil & gas sector, environmental consulting, or engineering,
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel,
- A high level of numeracy and comfort with compiling and interpreting technical (i.e. engineering and scientific) data and performing calculations (preferably in relation to GHGs)
Preferred Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Certificate from the CSA on GHG quantification or verification using ISO 14064,
- Client management and/or sales experience,
- Direct experience in project and/or facility-level GHG quantification and/or verification,
- Prior experience in ODS and refrigerants, wastewater, CCS, landfills, and/or oil and gas
- 0-10% travel time required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Highly self-motivated and creative,
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting,
- Strong interest in climate change and environmental issues.