Disruptors for a sustainable future
At Anew, we are passionate about delivering meaningful, measurable climate impact in a decarbonizing economy. Inspired by our values of integrity, trust, creativity, and hope, and grounded by decades of experience and unsurpassed knowledge in environmental markets, we make it possible for organizations and communities to thrive while building a sustainable future.
We’re seeking high-energy, creative team players eager to apply their talents to the defining challenge of our time. If you’re committed to excellence and excited by the prospect of doing well by doing good, we look forward to hearing from you.
General Summary: The RECs and EV Markets Analyst will be responsible for research and analysis of both Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) markets and Electric Vehicle (EV) Markets.
Primary Responsibilities and Competencies*:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate understanding of supply and demand data analytics for Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) markets and effectively present to both internal and external audiences
- Research and report on compliance REC markets including policy changes in Renewable Portfolio Standard states
- Analyze fundamentals in voluntary REC markets including tracking renewable generation statistics and buying trends
- Interface with clients and effectively communicate understanding of the markets and how Anew’s solutions add value
- Research and communicate to staff new opportunities within existing and emerging markets
- Help formulate go to market strategies in coordination with team members
- Support data logging and contract administration
- Provide analytical support for projects and initiatives to help shape Anew’s corporate strategy
- Work cross-functionally with operations, accounting, legal, and leadership to support internal reporting and financial projections
- Develop firm understanding of existing clean fuel programs in CA (LCFS), OR (CFP) and BC, Canada (LCFS)
- Anticipate implementation and any differences between these established programs and the Clean Fuel Standard in WA state that starts in 1/2023
- Maintain and develop models pertaining to existing programs
- Follow any potential rule changes to clean fuel programs and implementation of new programs across North America
- Develop new business in all geographic areas
- Maintain existing client relationships
- Increase scope of existing client credit generation across all geographic areas and EV categories
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Required Education, Experience and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or environmental science field
- 0-3 years of work experience
- Demonstrated analytical process thinking and problem solving – prior professional experience, internships and/or collegiate research a plus
- Successful project/task management track record.
Preferred Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory environmental policies and markets preferred
- Facility or familiarity with commercial frameworks
- Data analysis/visualization experience is highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate analytical data and technical information into layman’s terms
- Strong skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail is a must
Anew is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, age, or criminal conviction for which a pardon has been granted, or any other protected category under federal, state, provincial and local laws governing workplace discrimination.
Anew is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.