Disruptors for a sustainable future
At Anew, we are passionate about delivering meaningful, measurable climate impact in a decarbonizing economy. Inspired by our values of integrity, trust, creativity, and hope, and grounded by decades of experience and unsurpassed knowledge in environmental markets, we make it possible for organizations and communities to thrive while building a sustainable future.
We’re seeking high-energy, creative team players eager to apply their talents to the defining challenge of our time. If you’re committed to excellence and excited by the prospect of doing well by doing good, we look forward to hearing from you.
General Summary: The People and Culture team is looking for a dynamic People Experience and Operations Manager to our growing team. This position is a temporary contractor 4-6 months with the possibility a full-time position with benefits. A successful candidate will have direct experience with building a People and Culture function, employee relations experience, developing programs, policies that supports employee engagement, productivity, and company objectives. Key responsibilities include providing HR consultation and support in the areas of performance management, change management, recruiting life cycle, compensation structure, training, DEI&B, and employee relations.
Primary Responsibilities and Competencies*:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Point of contact for internal client groups, such as, functional heads, managers, and employees addressing strategic, complex, concerning matters or need, including investigations, performance, potential policy violations, etc.
- Work closely with Functional Heads for input related to People and Culture programs in specific areas (career pathing, workforce management, training, leadership development, talent management, compensation, etc.)
- Ability to provide guidance and support related to performance management, disciplinary actions, leadership development, coaching, etc.
- Ability to leverage People Ops analytics to help drive solutions based on data, performance, and effectiveness.
- Creating and developing training for employee professional and leadership development.
- Develops power point presentations, reports, and internal staff communications.
- Provides guidance and support to inquiries related to pay, benefits, performance, and other People activities and reporting in compliance with labor laws and regulations.
- Informed of current legal requirements and employments law standards to minimize risks and ensuring compliance.
- Always focused on the candidate, new hire, employee, and manager experience while living Anew’s mission, vision and values.
- Collaborates with senior leadership on special projects.
- Other tasks as assigned.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Required Education, Experience and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources
- Experience with building People Function programs or initiatives
- Knowledge of multi-US states and US Federal employment and labor laws
- Ability to work on-site 3 days per week
Preferred Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- 7+ years’ experience in Human Resources
- Experience with building out a People Function or in a start-up environment
- Specific knowledge of UT, CA, TX, US Federal, and Canadian Provincial employment and labor law
- Experience in working in the environmental markets or renewable energy industry
- SHRM or PHR Certification
- Strong time management skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Accountable - Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Corporate Culture Focused
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team environment
Anew is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, age, or criminal conviction for which a pardon has been granted, or any other protected category under federal, state, provincial and local laws governing workplace discrimination.
Anew is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.