Disruptors for a sustainable future
At Anew, we are passionate about delivering meaningful, measurable climate impact in a decarbonizing economy. Inspired by our values of integrity, trust, creativity, and hope, and grounded by decades of experience and unsurpassed knowledge in environmental markets, we make it possible for organizations and communities to thrive while building a sustainable future.
We’re seeking high-energy, creative team players eager to apply their talents to the defining challenge of our time. If you’re committed to excellence and excited by the prospect of doing well by doing good, we look forward to hearing from you.
General Summary: The Office Manager and People Operations Generalist is a dual role involving general people operations and office management responsibilities. The role is responsible for performing people-related duties involving recruiting, systems, payroll, training, onboarding, new employee orientation, offboarding, employee engagement, audits and people operation projects. The operations component of this position is responsible for administration including corporate administration.
Primary Responsibilities and Competencies*:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the SLC office and providing comprehensive support of the People and Culture function, including recruiting, systems, payroll, training, onboarding, new employee orientation, offboarding, employee engagement, audits and people operation projects.
- Successful Office Manager is responsible for ensuring that all of the administrative activities are efficiently addressed, including building management, vendor/repair management, supply and technical equipment purchasing, administrative support - ordering office supplies, shipping, mail and check deposits, travel coordination and other related activities.
- Successful People Operations Generalist provides a high level of customer service by providing effective people centric service by working closely with candidates, new hires, hiring managers, internal department stakeholders, and on-site/remote employees.
- Processes and maintains the company’s learning management curriculum, wellness and commuter benefit platforms.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information, including compensation, employee relations, organization changes, and other company private information.
- Manages US employment processes related onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Manages Canada payroll through our PEO, an HR outsource partner.
- Co-facilitates new employee orientation.
- Works effectively with in-house and remote employees.
- Manages website inquiries by ensuring potential leads go to the correct department.
- Always focused on the candidate, new hire, and employee experience.
- Other tasks as assigned.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Required Education, Experience and Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of office management experience
- 2+ years of human resources generalist experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Able to operate under pressure and facilitate a team building environment
- Ability to multi-task, execute and prioritize to ensure successful completion
- Ability to present information in forms, PowerPoint slides, and spreadsheets
Preferred Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related area
- 3+ years of human resources generalist experience
- Prior experience with HRIS systems, preferably BambooHR
- Prior experience with LMS platforms, preferably Skillsoft
- Prior experience with ATS platforms, preferably Greenhouse
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accountable - Ability to work independently
- Customer Service Oriented
- Corporate Culture Focused
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team environment
- Competitive salary
- Annual Bonuses
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(k) with company match
- Wellness Program
- Commuter Benefit
- Parental Leave
- Workplace Flexibility
Anew is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, age, or criminal conviction for which a pardon has been granted, or any other protected category under federal, state, provincial and local laws governing workplace discrimination.
Anew is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.