Disruptors for a sustainable future
At Anew, we are passionate about delivering meaningful, measurable climate impact in a decarbonizing economy. Inspired by our values of integrity, trust, creativity, and hope, and grounded by decades of experience and unsurpassed knowledge in environmental markets, we make it possible for organizations and communities to thrive while building a sustainable future.
We’re seeking high-energy, creative team players eager to apply their talents to the defining challenge of our time. If you’re committed to excellence and excited by the prospect of doing well by doing good, we look forward to hearing from you.
The financial analyst will assist with the corporate financial model, short-term cash forecasting, preparation of project economics/analysis, data analytics, and presentations. Your primary responsibility will be performing analytical tasks, assisting with data mining, tracking corporate metrics, compiling research for potential development opportunities, and creating presentations.
Primary Responsibilities and Competencies*:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and continually enhance a comprehensive 3 statement corporate model
- Maintain and continually enhance a comprehensive short-term cash forecast
- Manage monthly and quarterly variance analysis and forecast revisions
- Develop and review detailed financial analysis and complex valuation models on potential acquisitions and project development
- Assist in execution and due diligence for M&A and other business development opportunities
- Review and analyze various forms of information to create reports for various constituencies and to identify, verify and track new and existing opportunities
- Research and apply critical thinking to industry trends, competitor dynamics and current events to provide relevant business insights
- Develop and draft summary materials for presentation to various constituencies, include the board of directors, executive leadership team, and potential transaction partners
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Required Education, Experience and Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking, and self-motivation skills
- Basic knowledge of valuation strategies, corporate three statement modeling, and cash forecasting
- Excellent computer skills including a high degree of ability to effectively utilize a variety of internal and external software resources to gather and analyze a wide range of data
- Effective communicator and an ability to work cross-functionally across the organization (i.e., with Executive Team, BD, Operations, Accounting)
- Proven experience to finish work, projects, and duties as assigned and complete them by strict deadlines
- Strategic thinker
Preferred Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- FP&A, M&A, and capital markets related experience preferred
- Must be willing to work long and flexible hours to meet project deadlines
- Time is spent primarily in the Houston corporate office
- Must be able to spend long hours looking at a computer screen and keyboarding
- Must be willing to travel to conferences, seminars and client locations occasionally
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Robust problem-solving skills using research, available resources, and critical thinking
- Strong communication skills with the ability to get information and ask questions to complete tasks as well as delivering reports on the progress and completion of work
- Excellent self-motivation with the ability to finish work independently and complete a project within a set amount of time
Anew is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, age, or criminal conviction for which a pardon has been granted, or any other protected category under federal, state, provincial and local laws governing workplace discrimination.
Anew is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.